Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sting 1

Since creating my last style of sting I didn't like it at all, it looked pretty childish and after playing around with it for a few hours, I decided it was best to leave it and start a new style.

After watching JacksGap intro clip it gave me inspiration to do something similar,
The intro was exactly what I was looking for it's fast, quick, & good use of sound effects. 


Because the logo only has two main colours I wanted to use as little colour as possible white and the given red. My goal with this sting was to make it simple but at the same time visually good looking.

I started off in illustrator i created the house using the square shape and the pen tool, once i placed the shapes in the right position i then grouped the images together.




I was debating if the idea of adding shading or windows and doors but I liked it better as plain, using the same red as the logo.

I then added the logo 'latest homes live' next to the house to get the idea of what it was going to look like in after effects. 


Once I imported all the files into after effects I knew how I wanted it to look from the JacksGap video above.

First I moved the latest homes live logo to the right this way it would appear after the the house has  scaled to position. 



i wanted to make sure the house was scaled so much that the whole screen was red. 

then I made the shape scale out so the audience start to see its a house. 


the house will be placed to the right of the screen for a few milliseconds on it's own

then the the last frame would be the latest homes live logo poping into the sequence as seen in the first image. 




I like what I have created definitely more so than the first one. 
if the feedback I get is good then I will make a collection of different versions. 
here is what I came up with:


No comments:

Post a Comment