Thursday 1 May 2014

Self Promotion | Website

When I first started thinking about making a website, I wanted to code my own one because we had learnt how to do this in the first year, but because Im still learning and getting the hang of it, I don't think id be able to get it up and running in time for the end of year show in order to put the link on my business cards. I will work on making my own website for the future but for the time being I will be using tumblr and buy out a url for that instead.

Because I'm using tumblr there is a range of themes I can choose from and make my own with styling, I have chosen to go with a simple one though it is very sleek and eye catching. 

I have 4 tabs at the top of the page under my name 
Ask Gina < this is for anyone who may have inquires about my work 
Videos < this is a redirect link to youtube where my project videos will be. 
Archive < this is a fast way of seeing all the things i have uploaded within a time period. 
Twitter < easy way for self promotion / business inquires

the link to my website is http://ginaallendesigns.tumblr.com I will be buying a url so it will just be 'ginaallen' most likely which will sound better than '.tumblr.com' at the moment i only have a small amount of work but i will be putting more work on the website over time such as university projects, photography, personal projects etc.

My website is also responsive, which I'm really happy about because it was a requirement on the brief. 

here is a screen shot of how my website is looking at the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment