Wednesday 4 June 2014

Sum Up

Starting this project I wasn't too sure what to expect because it's very different to what we have previously done. The project involved Event planning and personal self development. It is to my understanding that it would be pretty difficult to keep track of what everyone has done for the event so I'm going to state what I have done for this project.

For the end of year show I took part heavily in 
- The discussion of the event name. 
- The discussions about invitations 
- Helping decide on colours for invitations
- head of social media which involved:

creating a twitter account, gaining followers, promoting the event. 
creating a Facebook page, gaining likes, promoting the event. 
creating a Facebook event, online invites. 
creating a vine account, 6 second videos to promote the event. 

- organised a press release, I organised a press release with Zara Baker who works with sussex downs business department. This involved:

going to a meeting with Zara to discuss what to put in the press resale. 
constant email communication.
getting quotes from classmates for press realise
getting photos of classmates working and such. 
gathering photos of classmates artwork to put forward. 
organising what newspapers and radio stations would be most appropriate. 
photographer for event
after summary in newspaper or on sussex downs site of how the event went down. 

For the personal development side of things, I wanted to create an overall branding for myself. 
I chose  3 main colours which I wanted to use which where blue, white and black and I chose two font types which I sourced and downloaded from a free fonts site they're called Billabong and Simplicity. The reason i wanted to create an overall branding is because i think whenever someone see's my work there should be something which links everything together. 

I created a portfolio website using Tumblr, the reason i didn't create my own website is because i knew i wouldn't have enough time to create something which looked decent with the time we had so instead i thought creating a tumblr as a temporary site would do quite nicely. I made sure the code I had was responsive as that was a requirement. All my work goes up on one page because I think it's easier to view it like this. 

I also created a second youtube channel along side the tumblr so all the videos i put on the tumblr website are sourced from the youtube channel. It makes it quicker to upload and a second place to find my videos. 

I created business cards on Illustrator with the same style as what I have been working with throughout, I got them printed from vista print and im really pleased with how they've turned out and I got 100 and I will be handing these out at the Dots Per Inch event. 

PHOTOS:


Part of the brief said to create a CV though I already had one I wanted to create a designer one, I created this in illustrator and I'm pleased with it, I didn't want to over pack it with information but I think it works for the project. 

PHOTOS: 




Overall I think I have put in a lot of time and effort into this project and I have really enjoyed creating a brand for myself an promoting some of my work. I enjoyed making the business cards and the CV I think it works well with my website, i will continue to use all of the things i created for the future.

As for dots per inch I am happy with the time and effort i've put in to this too, i think it should be a good show and i will continue to promote the event through social media. My goal is to get 500 followers on the twitter account and hopefully more newspapers will print about the show too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment