Monday 18 November 2013

What Brand I Am Doing.

Since researching different types of alcohol brands I narrowed my choice down to 3, Skinny Girl cocktails, Coctailsn RX and Bulmers.

My idea for skinny girl cocktails would have been based around recepies and how you can make the perfect cocktail. I would have used all the information from the website and kept the colour scheme and fonts the same. I sketched out a couple of ideas for the age conformation page that I really liked. 


The second brand I then looked into more detail at was Cocktail RX when I first came across this brand I thought it was so bright and vibrant that doing a recepies app for it wouldn't do it justice and that a game would be much more suitable. The idea for the game was to have one of the shakers and you would have to catch the falling ingredients, shake the shaker and decorate the glass to a time limit. 

The backgrounds on the website are bright and all different colours to match the particular drink I really liked the idea of that. 

The third brand I chose to look at was completely different from the first two but looking at their website (I posted in the previous post) I knew I had to look into the brand a little more. The first thing I instantly liked about Bulmers is that it has around 6 different flavours and i thought I could work with this for a game. 

The aim of this game 3 different rounds but with different levels. the first one would be match up - this is where the user would see bottles of Bulmers for a few seconds then have to remember and match the right cards. The second game is spot the difference which is self explanatory. The third and final game would be sling shot where the user would ping different fruits (which are the same as the flavours) and throw them at the bottles to knock them over. 

Though there are three different games the user can choose at any time if they want to continue into harder levels or skip to the next game though they have to play at least one of each and pass in order to unlock the next game. 


After going through all three ideas I have decided that I will choose Bulmers to create an app for and I will use element's of what I came up with for the first and second idea. For example I will use the age conformation as I said in the first idea and the backgrounds I saw in the second idea and use them towards my app. I don't think planning out three different ideas was a waste of time because doing this i came up with a variety of different ways i could go with the project and by using some ideas from the first two has made it worth my time.


Backgrounds 


You can see in the bottom of the page on the image above i added a brief comment about how i want my backgrounds to look. I first found the backgrounds on the 'cocktail rx' website and I instantly took a liking to it.


for each different cocktail shaker had a different colour background in the same style and thats exactly the style i want to do with my own. I think it brings fun, brightness and is very eye catching to the user.

I will create my backgrounds in photoshop and post images when they're finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment